With the summers setting in, everyone needs a cooler. While humans can enjoy some ice cream and chilled fresh fruit juices, our adorable furry ones cannot. We cannot give them specific fruits while some others are safe for their consumption. While you may wish to share everything with them, it is imperative to remember that their bodies and digestive systems are not conditioned to these fruits and other human foods.
One such fruit is the cantaloupe, it is rich in dietary fiber, vitamin B6, niacin, folate, vitamin A, and is high in potassium. Although it can be considered healthy, this melon needs to be fed in moderation. The consumption of this fruit is an instant way to rehydrate your furry one. Ensure that the seeds have been removed and that the fruit has been cut into bite-sized pieces.
Here’s an interesting way to feed your furry one this fruit; a DIY Dreamsicle!
All that you’ll need is:
- One small cantaloupe - This fruit helps prevent cell damage in canines and fights early aging and inflammation.
- ¼ cup Coconut milk (100% organic)
- This quantity will lead to at least 20 cubes as treats for your pooch.
- Cut the cantaloupe and ensure that it is de-skinned and de-seeded. Cut the melon into bite-sized pieces.
- Add this cut-up fruit along with the coconut milk into a blender and whip till smooth paste.
- Pour this mix onto a mould/ ice tray and freeze for around four hours at least.
- After you see it completely frozen, remove the cubes from the tray and place them into a Ziploc bag to preserve its freshness.
For additional flavour, add some nicely diced strawberries to your mixture. If you feel like tasting your furry one’s treat and wish for some, you can freeze two batches, one with honey for you and one unsweetened for your pooch.